The following notes were taken at the Simulator User Group meeting held on Tuesday, May 12th. Not a lot was discussed (again), so just a short update on server deployments / official viewer updates.
Please refer to the simulator deployment thread for updates.
- On Tuesday, May 12th, the majority of the grid was updated to server maintenance release 541440, comprising:
- Updates to fix issues with the Name Change feature still calling avatars by their “old” names for up to a week (see BUG-228565).
- Internal logging changes and improvements to how the simulator accesses internal servers.
- A a fix to llBase64ToInteger, the colour space LSL functions.
- This update could exacerbate issues with group notice time stamps failing to accurately report, which has been an issue on at least one RC channel (see: BUG-228562 Group Notice Timestamps don’t report accurately Server Channel 540369/ now 541440).
- Updates are planned for the three RC channels, but at the time of writing, had yet to be announced. Commenting on the updates at the meeting, Rider Linden stated:
LeTigre and Magnum are getting competing fixes for the experience purchase problem [see Bug-228676]. BlueSteel, Snack and Preflight [two small-scale RC channels] are all getting an update that just internal fixes and extra logging.
Please refer to the deployment thread for further information / updates.
On Monday, May 11th:
- The Camera Presets RC viewer updated to version 184.108.40.2061639.
- The Love Me Render RC viewer updated to version 220.127.116.111651.
- A new FMOD Studio update RC viewer, version 18.104.22.1681570, was issued.
The remaining official viewer pipelines are currently unchanged from the end of week #18:
- Release channel cohorts:
- CEF Special RC viewer, version 22.214.171.1241204, dated April 30th.
- Project viewers:
- Copy / Paste viewer, version 126.96.36.1993365, December 9, 2019.
- Project Muscadine (Animesh follow-on) project viewer, version 188.8.131.522999, November 22, 2019.
- Legacy Profiles viewer, version 184.108.40.2060836, September 17, 2019. Covers the re-integration of Viewer Profiles.
- 360 Snapshot project viewer, version 220.127.116.119111, July 16, 2019.