The following notes are taken from the TPV Developer meeting held on Friday, May 29, 2020. These meetings are generally held every other week, unless otherwise noted in any given summary. The embedded video is provided to Pantera – my thanks to her for recording and providing it. Time stamps are included with the notes will open the video at the point(s) where a specific topic is discussed.
This was a very short meeting!
SL Viewer News
- The CEF Update RC viewer, version 188.8.131.522757, released on Wednesday, May 27th (with release notes!). This builds on the CEF “Special”; it has additional codec, improvements for streaming into SL, and a major update to the Chrome Embedded Framework.
- The FMOD RC viewer updated to version 184.108.40.2062964 on Friday, May 29th.
The remainder of the official views currently in progress are as follows:
- Current Release version 220.127.116.110593, dated April 27th, promoted May 4th. Formerly the Zirbenz Maintenance RC viewer.
- Release channel cohorts:
- Love Me Render RC viewer, version 18.104.22.1682484, May 19th.
- Project viewers:
- Mesh uploader project viewer, version 22.214.171.1241645, May 15th.
- Copy / Paste viewer, version 126.96.36.1993365, December 9th, 2019.
- Project Muscadine (Animesh follow-on) project viewer, version 188.8.131.522999, November 22nd, 2019.
- Legacy Profiles viewer, version 184.108.40.2060836, September 17th, 2019. Covers the re-integration of Viewer Profiles.
- 360 Snapshot project viewer, version 220.127.116.119111, July 16th, 2019.
General Viewer Notes
- Currently, it appears that the FMOD Studio RC viewer will be the next to be promoted to de facto release status in week #23 (commencing Monday, June 1st).
- The Love Me Render RC viewer is also close to being ready for promotion.
- There are some priority graphics fixes required for EEP, but these have yet to be merged into a viewer pipeline. These may be added to the Love Me Render viewer or may go to the next Maintenance RC viewer.
- The Legacy Profiles viewer may be close to promotion to RC status, depending on the status on a further web update.
- The Copy / Paste viewer is going through a further round of UI dates.
- The Mesh Uploader may be also in a position to be promoted to RC status in the near future.
- The Build Tools viewer is back with QA. If it passed muster, it may be issued in week #23.
The extended chat range project is now called the Voices Carry project. This is likely to be arriving in a simulator RC update in week #24 (commencing Monday, June 8th).
- Further details on this update can be found in my Simulator User Group update.
- It is important to note that this chat is only intended to apply to apply to nearby chat channel 0, so it should not impact scripted objects using other chat channels.
Note: a lot of the following points were the subject of text chat.
The Firestorm team have encountered an issue with Bugsplat that results in the error “unable to create the error report” when a user is trying to send a crash report. Thus far, it appears LL has not seen this reported by users on the official viewer.
Bugs highlighted to the Lab during the meeting:
- BUG-228752 “[EEP] Sky turns black when render quality is lowered to Low-Mid” is still awaiting a fix.
- BUG-225784 “[EEP] BUG-225446 regression – HUDs are again affected by environment setting” is also awaiting the Lab.
- BUG-228821 “Occasional Freeze in Post-EEP Viewers” is also still awaiting investigation.
- [21:38-30:40] BUG-228592 “[Bakes on Mesh] editing clothing forces undergarments to top of the render stack” This is still to be fully investigated.
- [31:04-38:50] BUG-227725 “SL Viewer and third party viewers hang while launching – dual monitors” – this appears to be an Nvidia / Windows 10 issue, although it does not appear to impact all systems. There is a lengthy discussion in chat on this issue for those who may have experienced in.
- [39:57-end] BUG-228838 “Viewer changes have broken my entire outfit system” – this is an issue being experienced by people manually creating sub-folders within the My Outfits system folder / outfit folders within My Outfits in which to sort / copy outfit links.
- Given that My Outfits is not designed to support sub-folder nests, whether this is a bug / breakage is questionable. H
- However, LL will look at the issue – although it is unlikely that an “official” means of supporting sub-folders with My Outfits / outfit folders with My Outfits will be implemented in the near-term, as doing so will required server-side changes.