The following notes were taken at the Simulator User Group meeting held on Tuesday, February 18th.
As always, please refer to the week’s deployment thread for updates.
- The SLS (main) channel servers were updated with simulator update 2020-02-05T22:16:31.536040, providing support for the upcoming Name Changes feature.
- At the time of writing, the deployment thread indicates there is no RC deployment scheduled for Wednesday, February 19th, however according to Simon Linden speaking at the SUG meeting, there will be an RC update. so again, check the deployment thread for updates.
At the time of writing, the official viewer pipelines remain unchanged from the end of week #7:
- Current Release version 22.214.171.1245003, formerly the Xanté Maintenance RC, dated January 22, promoted January 27 – No Change.
- Release channel cohorts (please see my notes on manually installing RC viewer versions if you wish to install any release candidate(s) yourself):
- Project viewers:
- Copy / Paste viewer, version 126.96.36.1993365, December 9, 2019.
- Project Muscadine (Animesh follow-on) project viewer, version 188.8.131.522999, November 22, 2019.
- Legacy Profiles viewer, version 184.108.40.2060836, September 17, 2019. Covers the re-integration of Viewer Profiles.
- 360 Snapshot project viewer, version 220.127.116.119111, July 16, 2019.
- Script running: concerns continue to be expressed over recent changes to script behaviour designed to improve script performance within a region may be affecting the ability of scripts to run in a timely fashion when their object is rezzed. Up to a 2-second delay has been observed, although this is by no means constant for any given object. This is a known issue with the Lab, who are continuing to work to improve the situation.