The following notes were taken at the Simulator User Group meeting held on Tuesday, February 4th.
As always, please refer to the week’s deployment thread for updates.
- A single RC channel deployment is planned for Wednesday, February 5th. Server update 2020-01-30T23:51:10.535702 should comprise support for the upcoming Name Changes capability.
- All other channels and simulators should remain on server update 2019-12-04T20:29:26.533447.
Linden Lab is considering dropping the date / time stamp from simulator update references, and just leaving the version number (the last 6 digits of the reference – so 535702 and 533447 in the releases above).
On Tuesday, February 4th:
- The Yorsh Maintenance RC viewer, version 184.108.40.2065600 was issued.
- The EEP RC viewer updated to version 220.127.116.115668.
At the time of writing, all remaining viewer pipelines remain as follows:
- Release viewer,version 18.104.22.1685003, formerly the Xanté Maintenance RC, dated January 22, promoted January 27
- Release channel cohorts:
- Project viewers:
- Copy / Paste viewer, version 22.214.171.1243365, December 9, 2019.
- Project Muscadine (Animesh follow-on) project viewer, version 126.96.36.1992999, November 22, 2019.
- Legacy Profiles viewer, version 188.8.131.520836, September 17, 2019. Covers the re-integration of Viewer Profiles.
- 360 Snapshot project viewer, version 184.108.40.2069111, July 16, 2019.
- Rider Linden is working on trying to improve avatar and vehicle region crossings by reducing some of the overheads involved.
- It has been pointed out that with the on-going work in transitioning Second Life to the cloud, parsing http-in urls is not a good idea.
- Simulator host names are still liable to include “agni” and “aditi” following the cloud transition, but they will not be at “lindenlab.com”.