The following notes are taken from the TPV Developer meeting held on January 24th, 2020. A video of the meeting is embedded below, my thanks to Pantera for recording and providing it. As always:
- Time stamps are given with links that will open the video at the appropriate point in a separate browser tab for reference.
- Core points of the meeting are listed below. Other subjects of lesser import may have been discussed, please refer to the video.
The latter part of this (brief) meeting comprised a text chat discussion amongst Firestorm people on profile picture aspect ratios and Firestorm UI skins. If interested, please refer to the video.
SL Viewer News
- On Wednesday, January 22nd, 2020, the Xanté Maintenance RC viewer updated to version 220.127.116.115003.
- On Friday, January 24th, the Camera Presets RC viewer, version 18.104.22.1685138, was issued. See: First looks: Camera Presets Second Life RC viewer.
The rest of the viewer release pipelines remain unchanged:
- Current Release version 22.214.171.1243275, formerly the Wassail RC viewer, dated December 4, promoted December 12 – No change.
- Release channel cohorts:
- Project viewers:
- Copy / Paste viewer, version 126.96.36.1993365, December 9, 2019.
- Project Muscadine (Animesh follow-on) project viewer, version 188.8.131.522999, November 22, 2019.
- Legacy Profiles viewer, version 184.108.40.2060836, September 17, 2019. Covers the re-integration of Viewer Profiles.
- 360 Snapshot project viewer, version 220.127.116.119111, July 16, 2019.
General Viewer Notes
- It is anticipated the Xanté Maintenance RC will be promoted to de facto release status in week #5 (commencing Monday, January 27th). This is a milestone viewer for the Lab as it will be the first to be built and released using the new Github infrastructure.
- Viewer build work is now primarily focused on the transition to using Visual Studio 2017 and a recent version of Xcode.
- Python 3 will be made a part of the viewer build process “over the next couple of months”.
- [13:48-14:00] Despite it being only a project viewer, the Legacy Profiles viewer is being touted as the next in line for release after the Xanté Maintenance RC, so it would seem the viewer is going to go through a rapid RC promotion and cycle.
- [9:16-10:25] the graphics / rendering team has been focused on trying to clear the EEP bugs so that project can be released. However, the issue of OSX OpenGL deprecation issue is “pretty much” next on their list to dig into. Even so, it might still be a while before the Lab is in a position to discuss anything related to decisions and future direction on the matter, although as changes start to be made, they will be through publicly-viewable repos.
- [13:17-13:46] There are some issues in dealing with “long names” that are affecting the deployment of Name Changes. As this is a web-based capability, it is not anticipated there will be a project of RC viewer specific to the capability.