Survivors of Suicide (SOS) is a peer to peer support group within Second Life dedicated to help those who have been impacted by depression, thoughts of suicide, or who have attempted suicide or have lost someone to suicide. The group offers practical support, as well as education and information on dealing with depression, suicide prevention and more.
Founded in December 2008, SOS is the longest running support group of its kind in Second Life, and celebrates its anniversary each year with a special Christmas Fair – and 2019 will be no different; but they need help to make it happen.
In particular the group is seeking:
- Land Sponsors: the group would lot to hear from any individual or group willing to provide land on which the 2019 SOS Christmas Fair can be held.
- Entertainment sponsors: if you have a favourite DJ or Live singer and would like them to appear at the Fair, would you be prepared to book them and pay for their time? If so, SOS would love to hear from you.
- Photography contest: do you have items you’re willing to offer as prizes in the SOS Christmas Fair photo contest? The group are seeking things like cards, items from photography themed stores, etc., – even L$ amounts for the 5 prize slots in the competition.
- Raffle items: donations of gift cards, transferable items, etc., for the fair’s closing gala raffle.
- Entertainment: live singers, cover bands, DJ’s, spoken word artists, dance troupes – all are welcome to donate their time and talent.
- Vendors / Merchants: SOS would like to have 35-45 vendors and merchants offer their goods at the Fair. Exclusive items are not required (but would be welcome!); all that is asked is that at least one item is offered for sale with 100% of proceeds going to SOS (or multiple items at a lesser percentage each).
- Celebrity Elves: are you a “known” creator, fashion designer, blogger, etc., and are willing to spend a couple of hours at the Fair as a elf and available for people to take photos of themselves with you? If so, SOS would love to hear from you.
Full details on all of the above can be obtained from the SOS headquarters – grab them from the 11th Anniversary Christmas Fair sign board outside of the main clubhouse for details and sign-up forms.
SOS wants to create a safe and fun place for everyone to go to over the holidays if they are feeling a little lonely or in need of some stress relief and we want you to be a part of it. Please stop by SOS and see how you can help make our 11th Anniversary Christmas Fair the absolute best it can be.
– The SOS team