Update, June 19th: following the release of this update:
- The Rainbow RC viewer, version 18.104.22.1687758, and dated June 5th, was updated to the de facto release viewer.
- The Bakes on Mesh viewer was temporarily withdrawn due to a major bug being reported. The viewer remains listed on the viewer index page and Alternate Viewers page, but cannot be downloaded. Anyone attempting to run a previously downloaded version will be forced to update to the current release viewer.
The notes below have been revised to reflect these updates.
Please refer to the server deployment thread for the latest news and updates on the week’s deployments.
- There was no deployment to the SLS (Main) channel on Tuesday, June 18th, leaving region on that channel on simulator release 19#19.05.17.527341. The channel was, however, restarted as a part of the Lab’s policy of restarting channels every two weeks, regardless of deployments.
- On Wednesday, June 19th, the main RC channels will be updates as follows:
- BlueSteel should be updated with server maintenance package 19#19.06.14.528215, comprising internal changes.
- Magnum and LeTigre should be updated with server maintenance package 19#19.06.11.528038, which contains a number of Environment Enhancement Project (EEP) fixes (see below), the long awaited (by some!) Animesh-specific constants for llGetObjectDetails() (see BUG-225815) and the same internal fixes deployed to BlueSteel.
RC EEP Fixes
As noted above, the Magnum and LeTigre RC deployment planned for Wednesday, June 19th is intended to correct a number of EEP-related issues. These are:
- BUG-226815 [EEP] Since the grid was rolled to 19.04.15.526263 yesterday, region windlight is broken for all legacy viewers.
- BUG-226252 [EEP] Please create an internal error code for llReplaceAgentEnvironment() & llSetAgentEnvironment() that distinguishes whether an agent does not have the experience allowed and if the experience is not allowed at their location.
- BUG-226917 EEP Environment, New Sky should default to midday and not 6pm.
The current LL viewers are as follows:
- Current Release version 22.214.171.1247758, formerly the Rainbow RC viewer, dated June 5th, promoted June 18th – NEW.
- Release channel cohorts:
- Project viewers:
- Legacy Profiles viewer, version 126.96.36.1997749, released on June 5. Covers the re-integration of Viewer Profiles.
- Linux Spur viewer, version 188.8.131.529906, dated November 17, 2017 and promoted to release status 29 November 2017 – offered pending a Linux version of the Alex Ivy viewer code.
- Obsolete platform viewer, version 184.108.40.2060847, May 8, 2015 – provided for users on Windows XP and OS X versions below 10.7.
There was no real discussion at the SUG this week, as matters wee given over to a live music session as an early solstice party.