Rock Your Rack, the annual fund-raiser organised by Models Giving Back (MGB) in aid of the National Breast Cancer Foundation (NBCF), will again take place in 2018. The dates for the event are Saturday, September 29th through Saturday, October 13th, 2018.
Officially endorsed by the National Breast Cancer Foundation, the event is a combined fashion and entertainment event, offering the best in both to visitors, with designer booths, fashions shows, live performances and DJ sessions. In addition, there will be a range of supporting activities, including:
- A silent auction featuring one-of-a-kind items from Rock Your Rack designers who will give 100% of the sales to the cause
- A Rock Your Rack Hunt featuring collectables offered by participating designers at L$10 each – with all proceeds going directly into the fund-raising.
- An Art show and auction organised by Kultivate Magazine on behalf of Models Giving Back.
The theme for this year’s event is Music for the Decades with the organisers noting, “We envision areas of the build that fit different decades of music and that our DJ’s, live artists and other entertainers will work this theme into their sets for the event.”
At the start of April the event opened applications from designers wishing to participate in Rock Your Rack, and is open to any content designers and SL established businesses. Those interested in participating are asked to meet the following high-level requirements:
- Provide an Exclusive item not for sale anywhere else during the time of the event and has never been previously sold or given away (designer keeps 100% of sales from this item).
- Provide a Limited Edition item which can be a new design or a remake of an old favourite. 100% of proceeds from this item must go to Rock Your Rack for the National Breast Cancer Foundation, and the item must be marked as such and retired from sales after the event.
- Offer either the Exclusive item or the Limited Edition in keeping with the event’s theme Music for the Decades.
- Provide one item of the designer’s choice for the event’s L$10 Hunt, which gives 100% of funds raised to the NBCF.
- Sales of all other items can be offered at 100% of proceeds going to the designer, or can be set to give a percentage donation to Rock Your Rack, entirely at the designer’s discretion.
For a full run-down of the designer participant guidelines and rules can be found on the designer’s information page at Rock Your Rack, which also includes a link to the application form.
Pricing for participating in the event as a design starts at L$2,000. This provides a Regular booth with a 50 LI allowance which can be used for vendors and decoration; the designer’s logo displayed on the booth and on the Rock Your Rack website, and a SLurl listing to the designer’s in-world store; event advertising on social media and with in-world groups alongside the Rock Your Rack website; and paid advertising through Seraphim and other outlets if approved by those outlets.
There are then a series of options available at additional pricing which designers can opt to take advantage of in order to maximise their exposure in this event. Again, please refer to the information page for full pricing details.
If you are DJ or Live performer wishing to donate your time to the event, registrations will be open in the summer – so keep an eye on the Rock Your Rack website. However, a number of special invited entertainment guests have been announced by the organisers:
- The Hiess Project and Johnathan Hiess will be staging at least three tribute concerts.
- The Dazzlers dance troupe will be performing a very special dance event.
- The Fantasy Angels will be making their first appearance at Rock Your Rack, including a meet and greet session.
- Rock Your Rack website
- National Breast Cancer Foundation
- Official Rock Your Rack / Models Giving Back page at NBCF (for those who would like to donate directly to the NBCF on behalf of Models Giving Back).