As always, please refer to the server deployment thread for the latest updates.
- The Main (SLS) channel was updated on Tuesday, April 3rd to server release 18#18.03.27.513831, containing internal fixes and updates the new off-line IM and Abuse Report capabilities (see below).
- On Wednesday, April 4th, the BlueSteel and LeTigre release candidate channels should receive server maintenance package 18#18.03.29.513939, containing internal fixes; the Magnum RC has no planned deployment, and remains on 18#18.03.27.513831.
There have been no changes to the viewer pipelines at the start of the week, leaving them as:
- Current Release version 18.104.22.1682803, dated February 23, promoted March 1 – formerly the Nalewka Maintenance RC – No change
- Release channel cohorts:
- Project viewers:
- Bakes on Mesh project viewer, version 22.214.171.1243936, March 30 (note this version of the viewer does not support applying bakes to mesh bodies / heads).
- Animesh project viewer, version 126.96.36.1993013, March 7 – project overview.
- 360 snapshot viewer, version 188.8.131.523006, March 6 (this version can have significant rendering issues, see my hand-on update).
- Linux Spur viewer, version 184.108.40.2069906, dated November 17, 2017 and promoted to release status 29 November – offered pending a Linux version of the Alex Ivy viewer code.
- Obsolete platform viewer, version 220.127.116.110847, May 8, 2015 – provided for users on Windows XP and OS X versions below 10.7. This viewer will remain available for as long as reasonable, but will not be updated with new features or bug fixes.
As I’ve reported in recent Simulator User Group meetings, Joe Magarac (animats) working on a scripted workaround to improve region crossings (“partial unsits, etc.) – see BUG-214653. The Lab is also working on crossings on the simulator side. While no time frames for the work were given, Oz Linen did observe, “How successful we’ll be remains to be seen, but we’re optimistic that we can make significant improvements.”