As always, for the latest updates, please refer to the server release thread.
- The Main (SLS) channel remains on the same release, 17#17.01.27.323172, with no restart on Tuesday, February 28th.
- One Wednesday, March 1st, the three RC channel all should receive the same new server maintenance package. This includes:
- Further improvements to off-line IM delivery when you log in.
- Objects that are unable to enter a parcel now generate useful error messages.
- IM to Email will no longer turn itself off.
- Improved internal logging
- Internal server changes
Snapshots to E-mail Issue
As noted in my week #8 project update reports, the RC release introduced in week #8 increased privacy protection on e-mails – which is a good thing. However, in the process, it broke the ability to send snapshots to e-mail. Essentially, snapshots to e-mail have been handled a certain way between the viewer and the server, involving a viewer-side check.
With the changes made in the RC release of week #8, this validation check now fails for all viewers (see BUG-41443), and will continue to do so until a viewer-side update is issued by the Lab and adopted by all current viewers.
The current workaround for the issue – which again, only affects trying to send snapshots to e-mail from regions on an RC channel is to open the snapshot floater and select Send to e-mail while on a Main (SLS) channel then teleport to the RC region where you want to take the photo. Snapshots to e-mail will then work until you log out.
No updates to start the week, leaving the various pipelines as:
- Current Release version: 220.127.116.113027, dated January 25, promoted February 3 – formerly the Maintenance RC viewer.
- RC viewers:
- Project viewers:
- Obsolete platform viewer version 18.104.22.1680847 dated May 8, 2015 – provided for users on Windows XP and OS X versions below 10.7.