Second Life Community Manager Xiola Linden has blogged about an opportunity for residents to have their photographs featured in an upcoming Halloween e-mail and selected banner campaign.
In the post, Xiola notes:
Share your pic on our Official Flickr Page with the tag “SLHalloween2016” so that we can see all of your amazing work. You may submit as many as you like between now and October 5, 2016. Please include your avatar name in the image description so that we know who to credit!
We’ll showcase the chosen image(s) in an email to Residents, as well as in some banner campaigns. We’ll let the chosen image creators know via Flickr.
Images should be taken in-world and be Halloween themed in order to qualify. They should also be appropriate for all audiences. Xiola also offers some submission tips:
- The main content of your image should be near the center and to the right of the image – similar to the images you’d see on the Second Life login page.
- Horizontal images work best.
- Show your avatar or avatars in a scene in-world – an image that tells a story is going to make an impression.
- Keep your image free of additional text/logos.
- Higher resolution images work best.
The official blog post includes a couple of example images to help visualise finished banners / headers.
So, if you fancy having a go – snap away, and good luck!