On Tuesday, July 19th the server maintenance package previously deployed to all three RC was rolled-out to the Main (SLS) channel,described as “minor internal changes”. One of these sees worn scripts capped at a count of 2500. Attempts to add attachments which take an avatar over this limit should result in the attachments failing to wear.
Immediately following this deployment, there were some reports of local caps failures following region restarts. However, most of these now appear to have been corrected.
There no deployment and no scheduled restart for the RC channels planned for Wednesday, July 20th, so the entire grid should remain on the same simulator release through until Wednesday, July 27th, when a new RC deployment is due.
There have been no further viewer updates since my last SL project update, leaving the list as:
- Current Release version: 22.214.171.1245555 (dated May 23rd), promoted July 5th – formerly the Inventory Message RC viewer download page, release notes
- RC viewer:
- Maintenance RC viewer, version 126.96.36.1997394, dated on July 8th – fixes and updates.
- Project viewers:
- Project Bento (avatar skeleton extensions), version 188.8.131.527597, dated July 14th – incorporation of final skeleton and slider updates from the test viewer (download and release notes)
- Visual Outfit Browser viewer, version 184.108.40.2066422, dated July 1st – ability to preview images of outfits in the Appearance floater
- Project VLC Media Plugin Viewer, version 220.127.116.116258, dated June 15th – replaces the QuickTime media plugin for the Windows viewer with one based on LibVLC
- Obsolete platform viewer, version 18.104.22.1680847 dated May 8th, 2015 – provided for users on Windows XP and OS X versions below 10.7.