Rock Your Rack, the annual charity event to raise funds for the US National Breast Cancer Foundation, and which organised and presented by Models Giving Back, will this year take place between Saturday October 1st and Sunday October 16th inclusive – and the organisers are currently seeking designers, entertainers and bloggers wishing to both take part in and support the event.
Rock Your Rack is a combined fashion and entertainment event, offering the best in both to visitors, with designer booths, fashions shows, live performances and DJ sessions. In addition, there will be a range of supporting activities, including:
- A silent auction featuring one-of-a-kind items from Rock Your Rack designers who will give 100% of the sales to the cause
- A Rock Your Rack Hunt featuring collectables offered by participating designers at L$10 each – with all proceeds going directly into the fund-raising
- And Art show and auction organised by Windlight Magazine on behalf of Models Giving Back.
Designer applications at the event have been open since mid-June, and will remain so until Sunday, July 31st or until the remaining slots are taken. If you are fashion designer and would be interested in participating in Rock Your Rack, please visit the Rock Your Rack Designers information page.
If you are DJ or Live performer, and would like to donate your time to the event, registrations are now open, and will run through until Tuesday, August 30th (unless all slots are filled before then).
- DJ slots are available on the Saturdays and Sundays of the event only, and are available for either dance parties or fashion show. Those interested should check the Rock Your Rack Entertainments page, and then complete the DJ registration form
- Live entertainment slots are available for the Saturdays and Sundays of the event, and weekday events. Those interested should check the Rock Your Rack Entertainments page, and then complete the entertainer registration form
Note that all DJ and entertainers applying must have their own music stream, as none can be provided.
Bloggers interested in covering the event have from now until Sunday, July 31st to apply. Do note that given the event involves both fashion and entertainment and requires both are covered, Rock Your Rack has a detailed set of blogging requirements. Those interested in applying to be an event blogger are asked to read the Rock Your Rack blogger’s information page prior to submitting an application.
Artists who would like to participate in the Rock Your Rack Art Show and Auction should refer to the entry requirement for participating on the Art Show application form.
For more information on Rock Your Rack, including a complete time line covering the run-up to the event, as well as information on Models Giving Back, please visit the Rock Your Rack website.