As always, check the server deployment thread for any updates.
There was no deployment to the Main (SLS) channel on Tuesday, January 12th. On Wednesday, January 13th, all three RC channels should receive the same sever maintenance package comprising:
- Feature Request: llGetObjectDetails() constant OBJECT_TOTAL_INVENTORY_COUNT – when targeting an object, OBJECT_TOTAL_INVENTORY_COUNT will return the total of all inventory types in each link of the linkset. See BUG-10575 for further details
- Feature Request: llGetObjectDetails() constant OBJECT_PRIM_COUNT – provides a means to get a worn attachment’s prim count (rather than just returning 0). See BUG-10646 for further details.
- Simulator crash fixes.
So far, no promotions or updates to the current batch of RC and project viewers, leaving the list as it stood in week #1:
- Current Release version: 184.108.40.2069247, December 17, 2015 – formerly the Chromium Embedded Framework RC viewer download page, release notes
- RC viewers:
- Project Azumarill (HTTP updates) RC viewer, version 220.127.116.119333, dated January 5th
- Quick Graphics (Avatar complexity & graphics presets) RC viewer, version 18.104.22.1689320, dated January 5th
- Maintenance (30+ fixes and improvements) RC viewer, version 22.214.171.1249460, dated January 5th
- Vivox (Voice fixes and improvements) RC viewer, version 126.96.36.1997744, dated November 17, 2015
- Project viewers:
- Obsolete platform viewer (SL access for Win XP / Mac OS X10.6 users), version 188.8.131.520847 dated May 8, 2015.
During the last TPV Developer meeting of 2015, it had been indicated that the Vivox RC viewer and the HTTP RC viewer were being merged into a single offering. If this is still the case, we can likely expect the updated RC viewer to be appearing soon.
For those who may have missed it, April Linden from the Lab’s Operation’s team (who are responsible for trying to keep the grid available 24/7), provided a blog post on the issues Second Life experienced over the weekend of January 9th / 10th 2016, which I also covered in a separate blog post.