The New Year’s Photo Challenge ask entrants to take a photo of themselves “dressed to the nines” (i.e in formal wear)” for a New Year celebration. The photo can be of an individual, couple of group, and the setting can be anything you like – posed at home, at a club or special New Year party – just so long as everyone is formally dressed.
On offer are three prizes to the lucky winners, who will be selected by an independent panel:
- 1st Place: L$2,500 plus a double page ad in Windlight Magazine
- 2nd Place: L$1,500
- 3rd Place: L$1,000.
All entries must be posted to the official Windlight Magazine New Years Photo Challenge Flickr group, and entrants are allowed up to 3 submissions each, and must be in accordance with the following guidelines:
- When posting your photos please use the following naming convention: New Years Photo Challenge – SL Name-Photo #1, (or #2 or #3 for additional entries)
- All photos must:
- Be your original work, but can be posted to other Flickr groups
- Must include the SLurl of the beach where they were taken (please do respect the covenant of any club or venue, and make sure you obtain the permission of the venue owner to use their location in your submissions)
- Nudity and / or adult activities are not allowed
- Post-processing using external tools is permitted.
All entries must be submitted by midnight, Saturday, January 2nd, 2016, and the Flickr date and time stamps will be used to assess whether or not entries meet this criteria, so check your time zones.
So – if you haven’t already done so, get yourself and your loved ones / friends suitably attired and get snapping!
Please refer to the contest page at Windlight Magazine for any additional information.