Updates for the week ending: Sunday November 9th, 2014
This summary is published every Monday and is a list of SL viewer / client releases (official and TPV) made during the previous week. When reading it, please note:
- It is based on my Current Viewer Releases Page, a list of all Second Life viewers and clients that are in popular use (and of which I am aware), and which are recognised as adhering to the TPV Policy. This page includes comprehensive links to download pages, blog notes, release notes, etc., as well as links to any / all reviews of specific viewers / clients made within this blog
- By its nature, this summary presented here will always be in arrears, please refer to the Current Viewer Release Page for more up-to-date information
Official LL Viewers
- Current Release version: 184.108.40.2065700, released on October 29th – formerly the HTTP pipelining viewer (release notes)
- Release channel cohorts (See my notes on manually installing RC viewer versions if you wish to install any release candidate(s) yourself):
- Maintenance viewer RC version 220.127.116.116368 released on November 6th – a broad range of fixes for voice, privacy, rendering, texture animation, avatar distortion, inventory management, sounds, Mouselook in Mac, multiple UI fixes in script editor, Pay flow, chat, stats floater, edit menu, etc (download and release notes)
- Attachments viewer RC version 18.104.22.1686355 released on November 5th – adds some fixes to previously released changes in the way joint offsets in rigged meshes are handled & fixes some issues found with adding and removing attachments after the recent AISv3 deploy, and improves the status information shown in inventory for attached objects (download and release notes)
- Project viewers:
- No updates.
LL Viewer Resources
- SL Alternate Viewers wiki page – LL
- Viewer Source Repositories wiki page – LL
- Test Builds wiki page – LL
- Supported Viewers wiki page – LL
- Viewer release process overview – this blog
- SL Viewer updates and reviews on this blog
- No Updates.
- Cool VL viewer updated – Stable branch to version 22.214.171.124 and legacy branch to 126.96.36.199 – both on November 8th (release notes)
Mobile / Other Clients
- Development of Radegast suspended, November 5th, pending interest from other developers in continuing the project.