The following is summary of changes to SL viewers / clients (official and TPV) which have taken place in the past week. It is based on my Viewer Round-up Page, which provides a list of all Second Life viewers and clients that are in popular use (and of which I am aware) and which are recognised as being in adherence with the TPV Policy.
This summary is published every Monday, and by its nature will always be in arrears. Therefore, for the most up-to-date information on viewers and clients, please see my Viewer Round-up Page, which is updated as soon as I’m aware of any changes, and which includes comprehensive links to download pages, blog notes, release notes, etc., for Viewers and clients as well as links to any / all reviews of specific viewers / clients made within this blog.
Updates for the week ending: 29 July, 2012
- SL Viewer updates:
- The release version rolled to 18.104.22.1682321 on July 24 (release notes)
- Development: rolled to 22.214.171.1242596 (July 26) and then 262681 on July 27: core update: addition of viewer-side pathfinding tools (also see my notes on the tools)
- HTTP Project Viewer 333.262585, July 27th – initial release of a unified approach to HTTP-based communications between the viewer and grid services with a goal of achieving reliability, consistency and a better overall experience on the grid.
- Dolphin rolled to 24724 on July 27th, which apparently contained “serious flaws on windows”, prompting the release of 24731 on July 28th, with an advisory that anyone running 24724 on Windows should immediately update – release notes are as per 24724
- Niran’s Viewer rolled to 1.46 on July 26th – core changes: experimental new Preferences overlay; removal of Darkness skin; some rendering updates
- The Cool Viewer Experimental version (SL3.3 renderer) rolled to release 126.96.36.199 on July 29 – core changes: renderer updated to SL 3.3.4; added options for Classic Clouds and animating trees; backport of support for private memory pools from viewer 3; Advanced menu more logically arranged
- Group Tools rolled to installer release 2.2.8 on July 28th.