The following is summary of changes to SL viewers / clients (official and TPV) which have taken place in the past week. It is based on my Viewer Round-up Page, which provides a list of all Second Life viewers and clients that are in popular use (and of which I am aware) and which are recognised as being in adherence with the TPV Policy.
This summary is published every Monday, and by its nature will always be in arrears. Therefore, for the most up-to-date information on viewers and clients, please see my Viewer Round-up Page, which is updated as soon as I’m aware of any changes, and which includes comprehensive links to download pages, blog notes, release notes, etc., for Viewers and clients as well as links to any / all reviews of specific viewers / clients made within this blog.
Updates for the week ending: 22 July, 2012
- SL Viewer updates:
- Beta version:184.108.40.2062068, July 18
- Development: rolled to 220.127.116.112070, July 18
- Niran’s Viewer rolled to 1.44 on July 16th – core changes: use of LL’s Viewer rendering code; performance improvements; faster rendering of shadows, local lights, occlusion, etc.; integration of tone mapping from the Exodus Viewer
- Singularity rolled to 1.7.0 on July 16 – core updates:- Multi-Wear release; general graphics engine update; region windlight support; RLVa partial update to 1.4; LSL editor update; sound system bug fixes & new sound system FMOD Ex; mouselook gun aiming incorporated; new build preferences; radar now indicates gesture/sound/particle/animation spam; holding Shift while crouching works as crouch toggle (release notes)
- LittleSight was added to my list of Android clients on July 22 – review here