The following is summary of changes to SL viewers / clients (official and TPV) which have taken place in the past week. It is based on my Viewer Round-up Page, which provides a list of all Second Life viewers and clients that are in popular use (and of which I am aware) and which are recognised as being in adherence with the TPV Policy.
This summary is published every Monday, and by its nature will always be in arrears. Therefore, for the most up-to-date information on viewers and clients, please see my Viewer Round-up Page, which is updated as soon as I’m aware of any changes, and which includes comprehensive links to download pages, blog notes, release notes, etc., for Viewers and clients as well as links to any / all reviews of specific viewers / clients made within this blog.
Updates for the week ending: 15 July, 2012
- SL Viewer updates:
- Beta version: rolled 220.127.116.111355, July 10
- Development: rolled to 18.104.22.1681706, July 13th
- Pathfinding rolled to 22.214.171.1241768, July 14
- Dolphin rolled to 126.96.36.19914 on July 14th, which had an issue with broken shadows and so was followed by 188.8.131.5207 on July 7th – core changes: code in SLPlugin has been changed in order to limit the number of virus warnings from anti-virus s/w; FIRE-6171/VWR-28846; ‘Save as’ dialog deadlocks on Ubuntu 12.04; FIRE-4730 – Client AO breaks attachments with animations, for example shoes with “Ankle locker”; additional Windlight settings from Firestorm; Fixed: Don’t block texture fetch threads for 2 minutes if the CURL callback fails (release notes)
- Firestorm released version 184.108.40.206744 on July 11th, which I review here (release notes)
- Niran’s Viewer rolled to 1.44 on July 9th – core changes: use of LL’s Viewer rendering code; performance improvements; faster rendering of shadows, local lights, occlusion, etc.; integration of tone mapping from the Exodus Viewer
- Zen Viewer rolled to release 220.127.116.11 on July 9th – core update: fixed a Merchant Outbox Network Connect Error (release notes)
- Cool VL Viewer made two releases:
- The release version rolled to 18.104.22.168 on July 13th, reported as a bux fix release fixing breaks to the texture vertical offset spinner and the land brush force slider in the build tools floater
- An experimental build 22.214.171.124 was also released on July 13th, which is the first phase of a backport of the viewer v3.3 renderer to the Cool VL Viewer
- change log for both
- Singularity rolled to 1.7.0 on July 16 just prior to my viewer round-up being updated, and so makes this report; core updates – Multi-Wear release; general graphics engine update; region windlight support; RLVa partial update to 1.4; LSL editor update; sound system bug fixes & new sound system FMOD Ex; mouselook gun aiming incorporated; new build preferences; radar now indicates gesture/sound/particle/animation spam; holding Shift while crouching works as crouch toggle (release notes)