The following is summary of changes to SL viewers / clients (official and TPV) which have taken place in the past week. It is based on my Viewer Round-up Page, which provides a list of all Second Life viewers and clients that are in popular use (and of which I am aware) and which are recognised as being in adherence with the TPV Policy.
This summary is published every Monday, and by its nature will always be in arrears. Therefore, for the most up-to-date information on viewers and clients, please see my Viewer Round-up Page, which is updated as soon as I’m aware of any changes, and which includes comprehensive links to download pages, blog notes, release notes, etc., for Viewers and clients as well as links to any / all reviews of specific viewers / clients made within this blog.
A relatively quiet week. I’ve attempted to add summaries of what might be regarded as “core” changes / fixes to Viewers (where possible); these aren’t in any way supposed to be exhaustive – that’s what release notes and change logs are for! Hopefully, they’ll give a flavour for what has changed within a release.
I’m curious to know how many find these summaries and the main Round-up Page useful, and whether the additional information on release changes as seen here would be more appreciated if seen in the main Round-up Page.
Updates for the week ending: 24 June, 2012
- SL Viewer updates:
- Beta version: 126.96.36.1999953, June 18 (release notes)
- Development: rolled to 188.8.131.529223, June 9th, which adds Kity Barnett’s contributed spell check to the Preferences -> Chat (button)
- Dolphin rolled to 184.108.40.20629 on the 25th (just after this summary came out, so I’ve updated) – release notes here
- Kokua experimental rolled to 220.127.116.1189 Beta-1c on June 22nd, with a mesh uploader fix
- Restrained Love rolled to 18.104.22.168 on June 24th, which includes Kitty Barnett’s spell checker contribution to LL’s official code (available in the current LL Dev release) and numerous bug fixes (release notes)
- Zen Viewer updated to 22.214.171.124 on June 21st, core updates: additions to the Grid Manager and updates to HACD and OpenAL (release notes)
- Cool VL Viewer rolled to 126.96.36.199 on June 23rd – core changes: Implemented an import feature for Shape, Hair, Skin and Eyes in the appearance customize floater; Exposed the “Show media HUD” option in Preferences->Audio and Video; improved the texture exporting algorithm for the Object backup feature to prevent it hanging; increased the maximum size of scripts sources from 64Kb to 128Kb; numerous bix fixes (change log)
- Libretto rolled to 0.18 on the 20th, core updates: fix to a “clothing not rezzed issue” and fixed avatars not being removed from radar when moving out of range (release notes)