The sims for SL9B are now open for exhibitors to commence work on their builds!
Well in excess of 400 applications for spots have been received, and while e-mails confirming the success of applications are going out, it will take time for all notifications to be sent – so if you haven’t yet received an e-mail, give it a little time, the team are working through things as quickly as possible, but the volume means there will be unavoidable delays (so if you haven’t already, why not start work on your build elsewhere?).
As previously mentioned, there are a number of steps successful applicants need to take / be aware of in order to secure their parcel and start work:
- You will need to have two free Group slots – one for the SLB Community Group, one for the SLB Exhibitor and Entertainment Group
- You must join the SLB Community Group in-world (if you haven’t already done so)
- To gain an invitation to the Exhibitor and Entertainment Group, please request the help of an Exhibitor Assistant (EA) via the SLB Community Group
- An EA will IM you (again, there might be a slight delay in this, there is liable to be a high volume of calls being handled initially!) with your invitation to join the Exhibitor and Entertainment Group and other essentials to enable you to get to work on the sims
- Once on-site, make sure you have the Exhibitor and Entertainment Group as your active tag and everything you place out for your build must be set to the Exhibitor and Entertainment Group, or they will be returned after one minute
Key build notes (please also refer to the SL9B event policies):
- All builds should be no larger than 32×32 metres or exceed a Land Impact (prim count) of 257
- Mesh and sculpts are welcome within builds, but please keep the use of the latter to a minimum / to essentials only
- If possible, please do not use any scripts that require interacting with the region server or an external server/database for information to function
- Please try to restrict the use of physics-enabled objects and remember that no temp-on-rez prims (aka no temp rezzers) are allowed—this includes holographic rezzers or any devices that momentarily rez a temp structure. Exhibits that utilize the physics engine will be reviewed prior to opening to make sure that they will not cause problems when the regions are filled with visitors
- All builds must conform to SL “General” rating requirements
- Selling is prohibited. Free gifts, or “freebies,” are fine. Additionally, displays should have actual content, not just look like advertisements.
SL9B is being organised by residents, for residents – there is no direct involvement from Linden Lab. Along with the festivities there will be fundraising for Broadway Cares/Equity Fights Aids, a charity supported by Dream Seeker Estates.