Kitely, the on-demand grid powered by the Amazon cloud continues to develop a-pace. Today, Oren Hurvitz, co-founder of Kitely has announced a significant update, which includes the roll-out of OpenSim 0.7.3.1.
As well as the OpenSim upgrade, the update includes some significant updates in functionality:
- Mono upgraded to version 18.104.22.168
- More OSSL functions have been enabled so that now most functions with a threat level of Low are now supported by default, while functions with a higher threat rating being available to World Managers, including osTeleportAgent (allowing “walk-through” teleports) and osKickAvatar, which have been on the request list from World Managers. The post notes that some of the more dangerous functions remain disabled for everyone
- OSSL sun position bug fix, so that visitors to a world will now see it as the World Manager / owner intended
- Server-side Windlight support is now enabled
- Non-player Character (NPC) support has been enabled.
All-in-all a great update for the platform, and I’m certainly looking forward to getting the time to play with the Windlight capabilities :).