This is a weekly summary of changes to all SL Viewers / clients of which I’m aware and which are in popular use across the grid / listed in the TPVD. Detailed links to said Viewers / clients can be found in my Viewer Round-up Page. The links supplied in this summary are either to change logs or to reviews within this blog.
Updates for week ending: 29 April, 2012
Several updates this week – most from “the usual suspects” :), but also one or two changes to the Round-up page itself.
- The SL release Viewer updated to release 188.8.131.52524 on April 24th
- The SL Development Viewer rolled to 184.108.40.206948 on April 26th
- The SL Direct Delivery Project Viewer is removed from the Round-up Page, as DD is launched and the Project Viewer itself has not been updated post-launch
- The SImplified Inventory Project Viewer will remain until the status of that project (active / defunct?) becomes clearer
- Dolphin released version 220.127.116.1163 “Fellini” in April 28th, bringing with it an adaptation of Marx Catteneo’s machinima tools (in turn based on work by NiranV Dean). I’ve run a small review here
- Niran’s Viewer itself reached a full release on the 27th April, with a host of features and revisions which I review here. This release sees Niran’s Viewer listed on the Third-party Viewer Directory
- Zen Viewer reached release 18.104.22.168, also on the 27th April which includes a number of updates, including the latest release of Qarl’s parametric deformer
- Cool VL Viewer rolled out 22.214.171.124 on the 26th April. Among the changes made is a “Rebuild avatar” feature (in Advanced -> Character) allowing to rebuild your avatar skeleton from scratch after removing a rigged mesh which deformed the said skeleton, and the latest release of the parametric deformer
- Two rapid-fire updates were made to the Lumiya Android client on the 29th April, with versions 1.3.2 and 1.3.3 being released in short order and available through the Android Market and Google Play respectively. Each includes a number of updates & improvements.