The following notes were taken from the Tuesday, December 6th, 2022 Simulator User Group (SUG) meeting. They form a summary of the items discussed and is not intended to be a full transcript. A video of the entire meeting is embedded at the end of the article for those wishing to review the meeting in full – my thanks to Pantera for recording it.
This week will see all simhosts on all channels restarted, but no deployments.
The hoped-for RC release (which includes a fix for BUG-229301 “Maximum Memory allowable by scripts not being reset until teleport or relog”) has been delayed as a result of a fix being required for an odd crash which could cause some regions to crash on starting. This has now been resolved, but the fix needs to pass through a QA cycle before any release is made, so the deployment should now occur in week #50.
Available Official Viewers
This list reflects those viewers available via Linden Lab.
- Release viewer: version 184.108.40.2066223 – MFA and TOS hotfix viewer – November 1 – No change.
- Release channel cohorts (please see my notes on manually installing RC viewer versions if you wish to install any release candidate(s) yourself).
- Project viewers:
- PBR Materials project viewer, version 220.127.116.116966, December 3 – this viewer will only function on the following Aditi (beta grid) regions: Materials1; Materials Adult and Rumpus Room 1 through 4.
- Puppetry project viewer, version 18.104.22.1685529, issued on October 12.
- Love Me Render (LMR) 6 graphics improvements project viewer 22.214.171.1243263, July 21.
Refer to the video below for more information on the following:
- There is a generic Puppetry-related discussion (Kinnect), but as there is a Puppetry meeting due on December 8th, so any updates will be covered in my summary of that meeting.
- There is a similar generic discussion on the complexities of the PBR Materials Project, which is covered in my CCUG updates.
- A discussion on potential LSD bugs / issues – no specifics from LL’s side, as Rider Linden (who runs the LSD project) was absent the meeting.