The following notes were taken from the Tuesday, September 21st, 2021 Simulator User Group (SUG) meeting. The meeting was recorded by Pantera Północy, and the video is embedded at the end of this summary. Note this summary focuses on the key points of the meeting, where there is something to report; the video video should be referred to should full details of the meeting wish to be reviewed.
There is little to report, given the meeting was also another Solstice party.
At the time of writing, the server deployment thread had not been published.
- All remaining simhosts were updated to simulator release 563375 on Tuesday, September 21st, 2021, the maintenance release containing changes related to llChar(), llUnsit() and extended internal logging.
- There are no planned RC deployments during the week.
Monty Linden deployed the new HTTP-out proxies in week #36. It wasn’t entirely glitch-free (but not as bad as the August attempt), with issues occurring in a part of the configuration that didn’t allow for immediate correction. Monty hopes that the lessons learnt with make future deployments smoother.
- The Simplified Cache viewer updated to version 188.8.131.522623 on Friday, September 17th (issued Monday, September 20th).
The rest of the pipelines remain as:
- Release viewer: version version 184.108.40.2061752, formerly the CEF Update RC viewer, issued July 24 and promoted August 10.
- Release channel cohorts (please see my notes on manually installing RC viewer versions if you wish to install any release candidate(s) yourself):
- Maintenance RC viewer version 220.127.116.113789, issued on September 16 – combines the Grappa and Happy Hours RCs.
- Project viewers:
- 360 Snapshot project viewer, version 18.104.22.1683579, issued September 3.
- Performance Floater project viewer, version 22.214.171.1242625, issued September 2.
- Mesh Optimizer project viewer, version 126.96.36.1992614, issued September 1.
- Legacy Profiles viewer, version 188.8.131.520519, dated October 26.
- Copy / Paste viewer, version 184.108.40.2063365, dated December 9, 2019.
- Some are reporting issues of not being able to easily teleport back to a location previously visited in a session, a similar problems that manifested for some using Malwarebytes. In this case, the issue seems to be exceptionally slow teleport when trying to go back, with some incidence of the viewer shutting down.