The following notes were taken from the Tuesday, July 27th, 2021 Simulator User Group (SUG) meeting. The meeting was recorded by Pantera Północy, and the video is embedded at the end of this summary.
Please refer to the server deployment thread for updates.
- All simhosts not restarted in the last week were updated to version 561609, which which should not see any changes to the behaviour of simulators, nor to the configuration of the machines running those simulators.
- The planned deployment for Wednesday, July 28th has been cancelled.
Mesh Physics Issue
The Lab is experimenting with optimising the configuration of the cloud simhosts to increase performance. However, a side effect of this has been that some meshes have a different physics impact calculation, which may be higher or lower than previously shown. This will affect both new and existing uploads. If you experience this issue, please file a Jira or contact support.
From Rider Linde on this matter:
It seems that for very very thin prims with physics there is a difference in the way Havok calculates their cost and that difference bubbles up into land impact.
From Simon Linden:
We had a problem reported where the costs changed. It wasn’t drastic, but this object was designed to be really close to a limit. The shift was small but enough to get noticed and we need to figure out why for those exact same reasons – it can cause some real headaches.
There have been no updates to the current batch of official viewers to mark the start of the week, leaving the pipelines as follows:
- Release viewer: Fernet Maintenance RC, version 126.96.36.1991414, dated July 14, promoted July 19 – NEW.
- Release channel cohorts:
- Project viewers:
- Legacy Profiles viewer, version 188.8.131.520519, dated October 26.
- Copy / Paste viewer, version 184.108.40.2063365, dated December 9, 2019.
- Project Muscadine (Animesh follow-on) project viewer, version 220.127.116.112999, dated November 22, 2019.
- 360 Snapshot project viewer, version 18.104.22.1689111, dated July 16, 2019.
- Gaming bugs:
- BUG-10908 “Ghost Objects Left over when things are removed from play” is an issue that has been around for several years, but appears to be increasing in incidence, particularly within games in SL. Some work was put into developing a fix for the issue, but the current status of that work needed to be established before the issue could be commented on further.
- There are also reports that BUG-7084 “Prim properties visually revert to an earlier state since Interesting” being encountered more frequently, again within some hunt games.
- Both appear to be related to Interest List updates, and conflicts with full / terse updates to objects within a region. Essentially, if an object is updated (e.g. rendered transparent because it has been “collected” by a player), and that the object is not in the interest list for the viewer of another player at the time of the update, then the update isn’t registered until that player attempts to touch the object – at which point it vanishes.