In case you missed it, on Thursday, May 21st, Linden Lab announced that value added tax (VAT) and Goods and Services Tax (GST), as mandated by the governments of Norway and Australia, will be applied to to services and products sold by Linden Lab to residents of those countries, as from Monday, May 26th, 2020.
For further information on this change, please use the following links:
- Information on VAT from the Norwegian Tax Administration.
- Information on GST from the Australian Taxation Office.
- If you are or represent a registered exempt business, please refer to VAT/GST and changing your billing country in the Lab’s Billing Knowledge Base article (Note that the links in this page are currently not working, so I cannot provide a direct link o the section).
- Information on the Lab’s implementation of VAT / GST can be found here.
- Answers to common questions on VAT / GST can be found on the Lab’s official FAQ page.
- Specific questions can be addressed through the Second Life support portal.
You can also read the Lab’s own post on these changes here.