As always, check with the deployment thread for the latest news.
- There are no deployment to the SLS (Main) channel on Tuesday, July 16th, on server maintenance package 19#19.06.14.528215, comprising internal changes.
- On Wednesday, July 17th:
- The Magnum RC should be updated to a new simulator package, 19#19.07.10.529179, this apparently contains internal fixes, described by Simon Linden as, “a tiny performance boost … one crash fix, an esoteric TP failure fix, update a system library … general fix-it stuff that isn’t likely to be visible.”
- BlueSteel and LeTigre will remain on 19#19.06.14.528215.
On Monday, July 15th:
- The EEP RC viewer updated to version 184.108.40.2069247 (dated Friday, July 12th).
- The Love Me Render RC viewer updated to version 220.127.116.119302.
On Tuesday, July 16th, the 360 Snapshot project viewer was re-issued as version 18.104.22.1689111. This brings the viewer up to parity with the current release viewer.
At the time of publishing this update, the remaining LL viewer pipelines were as follows:
- Current Release version 22.214.171.1247758, formerly the Rainbow RC viewer dated June 5, promoted June 18 – No Change.
- Release channel cohorts:
- Project viewers:
- Legacy Profiles viewer, version 126.96.36.1997749, released on June 5. Covers the re-integration of Viewer Profiles.
- Linux Spur viewer, version 188.8.131.529906, dated November 17, 2017 and promoted to release status 29 November 2017 – offered pending a Linux version of the Alex Ivy viewer code.
- Obsolete platform viewer, version 184.108.40.2060847, May 8, 2015 – provided for users on Windows XP and OS X versions below 10.7.
- Some are experiencing issues logging-in to Aditi (the beta grid), and fingers have been pointed at Firestorm, however, others aren’t encountering the same issues (myself included).
- UDP and appearance issues: people on older viewers are continuing to report issues with their appearance (and in the case of Lumiya). This is most likely due to all UDP asset messages (including those related to appearance) have been deprecated on the simulators in favour of HTTP, but these older viewers / clients lack the necessary updates.
- With the release of Firestorm 6.2.47588 there are reports that RegionCrossingInterpolationTime is acting more like a stop at region crossing within that viewer, sometimes with odd behaviour. One suggestion has been to set the debug to 2.00 seconds to stop the odd behaviour. I must admit that I’ve not been boating or flying with FS 220.127.116.11588 so hadn’t noticed any issues.
- Summer vacations: the summer season means that vacations are rolling around at the Lab. Rider Linden, who had been digging into the script processing issues is currently out; Simon Linden is due on vacation (although SUG meetings should continue in his absence). And there is the SL “summit” among the developers, etc., so some development work is liable to slow down a little.