Please refer to the server deployment thread for the latest news.
- On Tuesday, February 12th, there was no deployment to the SLS (Main) channel, leaving it on server maintenance package 19#19.01.25.523656; nor was there a restart.
- The planned deployment was cancelled due to a last-minute bug.
- On Wednesday, February 13th, 2019 the RCs are likely to be updated as follows:
The EEP server update to be deployed to BlueSteel and LeTigre comprises:
- BUG-226246 [EEP] llGetEnvironment() reports SKY_LIGHT fade_colour as a rotation instead of a vector.
- BUG-226250 [EEP] Changing Blue Horizon value causes llGetEnvironment() to report many other parameters changing then reverting.
- For llGetEnvironment/llSetAgentEnvironment the values set/returned using the SKY_GLOW as two floats (size and focus)
- Internal Fix
There have been no viewer updates at the time of writing, leaving the current pipelines as:
- Current Release version 18.104.22.1682263, dated December 5th, promoted December 13th. Formerly the Spotykach Maintenance RC viewer – No Change.
- Release channel cohorts (please see my notes on manually installing RC viewer versions if you wish to install any release candidate(s) yourself):
- BugSplat RC viewer, version 22.214.171.1243335, January 23rd. This viewer is functionally identical to the current release viewer, but uses BugSplat for crash reporting, rather than the Lab’s own Breakpad based crash reporting tools.
- Estate Access Management (EAM) RC viewer, version 126.96.36.1993351, January 23rd.
- Love Me Render RC viewer, version 188.8.131.523177, January 16th.
- Project viewers:
- Linux Spur viewer, version 184.108.40.2069906, dated November 17th, 2017 and promoted to release status 29th November, 2017 – offered pending a Linux version of the Alex Ivy viewer code.
- Obsolete platform viewer, version 220.127.116.110847, May 8th, 2015 – provided for users on Windows XP and OS X versions below 10.7.
- Viewer disconnects / crashes: some people on “older” hardware have been reporting what appear to be viewer disconnects / crashes of late after only being logged-on for around 15-30 minutes (see: this forum thread). This has been noted by the Lab, and a potential fix is being tested on Aditi. The problem here is that forum posts don’t always give the level of detail required for LL to really diagnose matters. Jira is always the preferred method of logging issues – and it is important to use the official viewer when doing so.
- Name Change Issue: as reported in my last SUG meeting summary, a creator preparing for the upcoming Last Names / name changing capability encountered an unusual situation: the Lab had changed a user’s account name. However, when sending information to an external HTTP request (object UUID, object name, owner name of the object, etc.), to the creator’s customer database, a HUD used by the user was sending their original account name not their revised name. The issue is now believed to be a stale cache issues, as noted last time.