Running from Saturday, April 13th through to Sunday, May 12th, 2019, the festival will highlight physical world photography submitted by Second Life artists and photographers. It is open to submissions meeting the following criteria:
- Submissions must be photographs taken in the physical world – no images from Second Life or other games or 3D platforms or digital art or renderings.
- All content must be family friendly. Images can depict the human body in all of its forms, but any nudity must be presented tastefully.
- No sexually explicit imagery will be tolerated (and will be returned).
- Any lewd depictions of under-age subjects will be rejected and reported (even if they are not nude).
Images may be offered for sale, and participants can advertise their involvement in the festival. There is no fee or commission for any sales.
- The deadline for submissions is 23:59:59 SLT on Sunday, March 31st, 2019 no exceptions.
- Submissions must be in the form of a texture with a minimum size of 1024×1024.
- Do not send a box or NC containing multiple submissions.
- No more than 15 images per artist.
- Each image must contain the photographer’s avatar name (not Display Name) as part of the submission’s Name field, and the photograph’s Description field.
- Submitted image textures should have the following permissions: No-Modify/Yes-Copy/No-Transfer for review.
- Any frame submitted for use with textures should be a single prim, set to the same permissions.
- Please do not use scripts in a submitted frame.
- Artists will be responsible for the layout of their own installation at the gallery ahead of the festival opening.
All submissions should be made directly to Nils Urqhart or Annie Scott-Siegel, in-world. Questions or enquiries should also be directed to Annie or Nils.