As per part 1 of this week’s updates, the RC channel were all updated on Wednesday, December 5th, with simulator maintenance package 18#18.12.04.522206, comprising:
- Region stability improvements.
- Simhost deployment improvements.
- Logging improvements.
The Snack channel for the Environment Enhancement Project (EEP) was updated the same day to version 220.127.116.112125.
There have been three updates to SL viewers during the week:
- The Spotykach Maintenance RC updated to version 18.104.22.1682263 on December 5th.
- The Love Me Render RC updated to version 22.214.171.1242045 on December 6th.
- The Bake on Mesh project viewer updated to version 126.96.36.1992127 on December 7th.
At the time of writing, the remaining viewers in the pipeline remain as follows:
- Current Release version 188.8.131.520636, dated October 18, promoted November 14. Formerly the Animesh RC viewer..
- Release channel cohorts (please see my notes on manually installing RC viewer versions if you wish to install any release candidate(s) yourself):
- Estate Access Management (EAM) RC viewer, version 184.108.40.2060057, September 28.
- BugSplat RC viewer, version 220.127.116.119462, September 10. This viewer is functionally identical to the current release viewer, but uses BugSplat for crash reporting, rather than the Lab’s own Breakpad based crash reporting tools.
- Project viewers:
- Linux Spur viewer, version 18.104.22.1689906, dated November 17, 2017 and promoted to release status 29 November – offered pending a Linux version of the Alex Ivy viewer code.
- Obsolete platform viewer, version 22.214.171.1240847, May 8, 2015 – provided for users on Windows XP and OS X versions below 10.7.
End of Year Promotions
At the previous TPV developer meeting, it had been suggested that the Lab would try to promote two viewers to release status before the end of 2018. Given the Lab prefers to have at least two weeks between promotions and the No Change window comes into effect from Friday, December 21st, this would appear to be a bit of squeeze. Currently the front-runners for promotion have been given as the Spotykach Maintenance RC, the BugSplat RC or – on an outside chance – the Bakes on Mesh project viewer.
Remaining Published User Group Meetings for 2018
- Simulator User Group: Tuesday, December 11th and Tuesday December 18th, 2018, 12:00 noon SLT.
- Governance User Group: Tuesday, December 11th, 2018, at 13:00 SLT.
- Open-Source Development User Group: Wednesday, 12th and Wednesday, December 19th 2018, 15:00 SLT*.
- Content Creation User Group: Thursday, December 13th and Thursday, December 20th, 2018 at 13:00 SLT.
- Server Beta User Group: Thursday, December 13th and Thursday, December 20th, 2018 at 07:00 SLT*.
- Web User Group: Wednesday, December 19th, at 12:00 noon SLT.
- Concierge and Land User Group: Thursday, December 20th, 2018, at 12:00pm SLT.
- TPV Developer Meeting: Friday, December 21st, 2018 at 12:00 noon SLT.
* Subject to confirmation.
See the SL User Groups panel on the right for details of meeting locations. via their wiki pages.