There was no Simulator User Group meeting on Tuesday, December 11th, 2018. Notes are therefore a little on the light side.
As always, please check with the server deployment thread for updates and latest news.
- On Tuesday, December 11th, the SLS (Main) channel was updated with server maintenance package 18#18.12.04.522206, previously deployed to all three main RC channels, and comprising region stability improvements; simhost deployment improvements and logging improvements.
- Part of this update includes the removal of a lot of mesh-related logging that had been required during testing, but has been surplus to requirements. However, as the code was never removed, it resulted in a lot of unnecessary logging as mesh became more popular.
- On Wednesday, 12th December the RC channels should be updated with server maintenance package 18#18.12.07.522390, comprising voice service adjustments.
- The Snack channel, home to the Environment Enhancement Project (EEP), received a further simulator update, version 18#18.12.07.522390.
At the time of writing, there have been no updates to the current batch of official viewers, leaving the pipelines as follows:
- Current Release version 18.104.22.1680636, dated October 18, promoted November 14. Formerly the Animesh RC viewer – no change.
- Release channel cohorts:
- Love Me Render RC viewer, version 22.214.171.1242045, December 6.
- Spotykach Maintenance RC viewer, version 126.96.36.1992263, December 5.
- Estate Access Management (EAM) RC viewer, version 188.8.131.520057, September 28.
- BugSplat RC viewer, version 184.108.40.2069462, September 10. This viewer is functionally identical to the current release viewer, but uses BugSplat for crash reporting, rather than the Lab’s own Breakpad based crash reporting tools.
- Project viewers:
- Linux Spur viewer, version 220.127.116.119906, dated November 17, 2017 and promoted to release status 29 November – offered pending a Linux version of the Alex Ivy viewer code.
- Obsolete platform viewer, version 18.104.22.1680847, May 8, 2015 – provided for users on Windows XP and OS X versions below 10.7.