The Raglan Shire Artwalk is one of the staples of the SL art calendar, and for 2018, it will take place between Sunday, May 13th and Sunday, June 17th, inclusive.
Every year over 100 artists and residents in Second Life display 2D and 3D art across a number of exhibition spaces across all the regions of the Raglan Shire cluster. 2D art is displayed on hedgerows in and around the regions, offering visitors the chance to view pieces as they explore the Shire, while sculptures and 3D art is displayed in a number of designated areas across the regions.
Those wishing to exhibit their work at the 2018 Artwalk are invited to complete the Artist Registration Form, which should be submitted for inclusion no later than 21:00 SLT on Sunday May 6th, 2018.
General requirements for entry:
- The event is a non-juried show
- Artists can display more than one piece if they wish
- 2D (“flat” art pieces will be awarded a maximum of 15 prims, and individual pictures should be 1 prim, including the frame.
- 3D art (sculptures, etc.), will be awarded a maximum of 500 prims for up to three pieces of work. Artists are requested to state the number of prims per piece in their application.
- Sales of art are allowed.
- Types of art supported by the show are: representations of RL photography, painting, drawing, printmaking, collage, and digital fine art that can be displayed on a prim; and SL photography, manipulated SL photography and SL sculpture.
- Pictures of RL crafts, such as beadwork, leatherwork, etc., are not part of the show’s definition
- All the above art forms are welcome, but should be rated PG / G – so no nudity, please!
- Group membership will be required in order to display work
- Questions and enquiries should be forwarded via note card to Artwalk Director Karmagirl Avro, or Artwalk Assistants Kayak Kuu & Shadow Marlin.
Details on set-up will be sent to participating artists on Tuesday, May 8th, 2018. Step-up commences at 09:00 SLT on Friday, May 11th and runs through Saturday, May 12th. Note that space along the hedgerows in Raglan Shire for 2D art is NOT assigned, but can be taken on the basis of first come first serve. Certain areas of Heron Shire will be designated for sculpture set up and available locations set with a marker.
- Sunday May 6th: Applications close at 21:00 SLT
- Tuesday, May 8th: Notification of exhibit space location issued to artists
- Friday, May 11th / Saturday May 12th: Artist set-up days
- Sunday, May 13th: ARTWALK OPENS
- Sunday, June 17th: Artwalk closes
- Sunday, June 17th (after 18:00 SLT) through Tuesday, June 19th: Takedown of works.