- There was not deployment on the Main (SLS) channel on Tuesday, November 14th, leaving servers running simulator version #17.10.06.509394.
- On Wednesday, November 15th, the three RC channels should be updated with a new server maintenance package #184.108.40.2060664, comprising internal fixes and a user-visible fix for BUG-139176, “Issue with OBJECT_REZZER_KEY reporting incorrectly after linking and delinking prims.”
There have been no SL viewer updates since the end of week #45, leaving the current viewer pipelines as follows:
- Current Release version 220.127.116.119115, dated September 22, promoted October 13 – formerly the “Moonshine” Maintenance RC.
- Release channel cohorts (please see my notes on manually installing RC viewer versions if you wish to install any release candidate(s) yourself):
- Project viewers:
- Obsolete platform viewer version 18.104.22.1680847, dated May 8, 2015 – provided for users on Windows XP and OS X versions below 10.7. This viewer will remain available for as long as reasonable, but will not be updated with new features or bug fixes.
Animesh Mod Keys Proposal
One of the major subjects of discussion with Animesh is enabling attachments to be added to existing Animesh objects. In short, many pets and characters are created as No Modify objects, to help protect their capabilities. Thus, as No Mod objects, Animesh characters cannot be accessorized (the owner of an Animesh horse cannot add / remove a saddle from an Animesh horse, for example). As Piscine Mackenzie explains in the forum, with highlights by Medhue Simoni, making Animesh pets / characters Modify opens them to the risk of exploitation.
To this end, the Content Creation User Group has been a focus of discussion on overcoming this problem (see here and here). One proposal for handling the issue, which would also allow for broader capabilities, has been put forward via feature request BUG-139168. However, this could take some time to implement, delaying Animesh.
As an alternative, Vir Linden put forward the idea of a scripted mod key capability which would allow attachments to be linked and unlinked from an Animesh object, and more recently he has expanded on this idea with an outline proposal. This could provide a suitable foundation for allowing Animesh to move forward with a link / unlink capability, allowing further capabilities for a broader range of use cases to be added later.
Vir’s proposal will most likely be a core subject of discussion at the next Content Creation User Group meeting on Thursday, November 14th, 2017.
The HTTP updates earlier in 2017 resulted in issues with ABC horses being unable to give birth, which came down to the volume and timing of requests being made by the horses (see BUG-134275). The issue was eventually fixed by the horse maker making some changes in the number and timing of the requests sent by each horse, and by a server-side change in how the requests were authenticated.
However, issues have been noted on some regions breeding Stray Cats. It’s not clear if this a similar issue, or something else. Those experiencing similar issues might want to raise a JIRA so the Lab can investigate and advise whether the creators of their breedable animals need to make an adjustment to their scripting.