SL14B Community Celebration – blog post
Server Deployments Week 25
As always, please refer to the server deployment thread for the latest updates.
- On Tuesday, June 20th, the Main (SLS) channel was updated with a new server maintenance package (#17.06.12.327066), containing fixes to help with the caps (capabilities) router, particularly with reference to trying to teleport to regions which have a heavy avatar load (see here for details),. These were essentially the same fixes as deployed to the Main channel on June 6th (server maintenance package #17.05.26.326655), together with additional internal fixes.
- On Wednesday, June 21st, the RC channels should be updated as follows:
- BlueSteel and LeTigre should receive the same server maintenance package (#17.06.19.327206) containing internal fixes
- Magnum should receive a server maintenance package (#17.06.19.327192) intended to fix BUG-100830 (“HTTP_CUSTOM_HEADER no longer works on RC 17.06.13.327111”) and BUG-100831 (“Lelutka Simone bento head spits a script error when attached on 17.06.13.327111 regions (Magnum & Cake)”).
The Asset HTTP RC viewer, version 184.108.40.2066593 dated May 23rd, was promoted to de facto release status on Tuesday, June 20th. This viewer includes avatar rendering updates – see my RC overview for more.
The snapshot viewer updated to version 220.127.116.116488 on Monday, June 19th. This version should include all the necessary metadata in 360-degree shoot to play them as 360 images on suitable websites. However, in testing, it does not appear to work with Flickr.
Otherwise, the current viewer pipelines line-up as:
- Release channel cohorts:
- Maintenance RC viewer version 18.104.22.1687125 dated June 15th
- Voice RC viewer, version 22.214.171.1246589 dated May 31st
- Project viewers:
- Project Alex Ivy 64-bit viewer version 126.96.36.1995089 dated May 11th
- Obsolete platform viewer version 188.8.131.520847 dated May 8th, 2015 – provided for users on Windows XP and OS X versions below 10.7.
7 thoughts on “SL project updates 25/1: server, viewer”
I’m really looking forward to the completion of Project Alex Ivy, mostly due to the CEF update that comes along with it. Feels like progress is going slow on it, but I guess they have a lot on their plate.
I also tested the 360 degree snapshot viewer… Second_Life_Project_360_Snapshot_5_1_0_506488_i686 … and the snapshots produced don’t seem to worm with Flickr or with the Oculus “360 Photos” app. yet they look very similar to the “Pano” images taken with the previous version which did work in both those.
Yup. The Flickr issue was raised in the article & relaid to Linden Lab, together with a reference to the release notes. So far as I can tell, the metadata seems specific to a single service – Facebook, perhaps? As I don’t use Facebook at all, I cannot actually test against it. So, if anyone can, would be interested in hearing results.
I’ll be holding off on any further review of this viewer until it can be seen to be working as intended – the snaps taken working directly with services that provide equirectangular 360 support. However, I might try parsing an image through Hugin out of curiosity.
Renaming the snapshot created by Second_Life_Project_360_Snapshot_5_1_0_506488_i686 from .jpeg extension to .jpg extensions allows it to work in Oculus 360 Photos. But that has no effect on the problem stopping the image being treated as 360 degree viewable content in Flickr.
I never use Facebook, so cannot test that.
The Pano images available as part of the previous 360 snapshot viewer did work fine, so there must be a difference… however.. looking at an old (working in Flick) image and the new (not working in Flicker) image I can only see one obvious missing GPano tag and that is
But adding that does not seem to fix things.
XML got removed in last comment… so including here with out the angle bracket opening and closing symbols…
GPano:UsePanoramaViewer True GPano:UsePanoramaViewer
Comments are closed.