There was no deployment to the Main (SLS) channel on Tuesday, July 12th.
Wednesday July 13th saw a new server maintenance package deployed to all three RC channels comprising “minor internal changes”. One of these sees worn scripts capped at a count of 2500. Attempts to add attachments which take an avatar over this limit should result in the attachments failing to wear.
The Maintenance RC viewer updated to version 126.96.36.1997394 on Friday July 8th, following a merge with the current release viewer code.
The Oculus Rift project viewer was withdrawn on July 6th, and development work with the headset has been suspended for Second Life – see my update from last week for more.
This leaves the rest of the current official viewer as follows:
- Current Release version: 188.8.131.525555 (dated May 23), promoted July 5 – formerly the Inventory Message RC viewer download page, release notes
- Project viewers:
- Visual Outfit Browser viewer, version 184.108.40.2066422, dated July 1st – ability to preview images of outfits in the Appearance floater
- Project Bento (avatar skeleton extensions), version 220.127.116.117134, dated June 30th
- Project VLC Media Plugin Viewer, version 18.104.22.1686258, dated June 15th – replaces the QuickTime media plugin for the Windows viewer with one based on LibVLC
- Obsolete platform viewer, version 22.214.171.1240847 dated May 8th, 2015 – provided for users on Windows XP and OS X versions below 10.7.