Despite the holiday in the US for July 4th (which has previously pushed server deployments back 24 hours), the Main (SLS) deployment did in fact take place on Tuesday, July 5th. This was the server maintenance package previously deployed to the three RC channels in week #26, comprising the following fixes:
- BUG-11836 Increase max animation size – animation files up to 250Kb can now be uploaded
- BUG-6035 (non-public) LSL email registration (for receiving email from outside the region) can break without automatic recovery.
There was no planned RC deployment on Wednesday, July 6th.
As expected, the Inventory Message viewer, version 18.104.22.1685555 (dated May 23rd) was promoted to the de facto release viewer on Tuesday, July 5th. This viewer sees the removal of deprecated and unused UDP inventory messaging mechanisms from the viewer. Pending its adoption by third-party viewers, it will also eventually see the removal of server-side support for these messages, most likely towards the end of 2016.
Currently, this leaves the official viewer line-up, RC and project, as follows:
- Maintenance RC viewer, version 22.214.171.1246883, dated June 24th –bug fixes and updates
- Project viewers:
- Visual Outfit Browser project viewer, version 126.96.36.1996422, dated July 1st – ability to preview images of outfits in the Appearance floater. Expected to be updated to release candidate status soon
- Oculus Rift project viewer, version 188.8.131.527313, dated July 1st – Oculus Rift DK2 + CV-1 support. However, this update appears to have significant issues, see below for more
- Project Bento (avatar skeleton extensions) viewer, version 184.108.40.2067134, dated June 30th
- Project VLC Media Plugin viewer, version 220.127.116.116258, dated June 15th – replaces the QuickTime media plugin for the Windows version of the viewer with one based on LibVLC
- Obsolete platform viewer, version 18.104.22.1680847 dated May 8th, 2015 – provided for users on Windows XP and OS X versions below 10.7.
Oculus Rift Project viewer 22.214.171.1247313
There appear to be significant issues with this project viewer, which is intended to support both the DK-2 and CV-1 versions of the Oculus Rift headset. For further information, please refer to the following links:
- Second Life Oculus Rift Viewer 126.96.36.1997313 Update and JIRA – this blog
- Testing Second Life Oculus Rift Viewer 188.8.131.523313 – Ai Austin
- Oculus Rift CV-1 Support – forum thread (this message onwards)
- BUG-20130 – raised by Rai Fargis