Server Deployments Week 5
On Tuesday, January 27th, the Main (SLS) channel received the server maintenance package previously deployed to Magnum and LeTigre, and which introduced the following changes:
- A fix for BUG-8223 “Pictures Fail to Upload and send when Using Email Option from RC Regions”
- a fix for BUG-8002 [Experience Tools] Allowed & Blocked experiences are lost with parcel subdivision.
- Crash mode fixes
- Code clean-up around avatar region crossings.
On Wednesday, January 27th, the RC channels should all receive a new server maintenance package comprising:
- A fix for BUG-8247 “[Experience Tools] Issue with llRequestExperiencePermissions() triggering experience_permissions_denied() and XP_ERROR_NOT_PERMITTED_LAND after prior 5 minute no response period.”
- Internal improvements for experience tools key-value functions.#
BlueSteel will also retain the Avatar Hover Height (AHH) server code with this release
A new Maintenance RC viewer arrived in the viewer release channel on Tuesday, January 27th. Version 126.96.36.1998030 brings with it over 30 fixes and updates to the viewer, ranging from language improvements through build issue fixes to feature requests. Using-facing updates include:
- Uniquely identifying URLs for Second Life or Linden Lab domains
- Interest list fixes for:
- Preventing some prims / items in linksets from being deselected as a result of camera movement
- Preventing Intan solo dance animations from ceasing to animate as a result of camera movement
- A fix for voice / speak button failing to enable after activating voice on a parcel if it was disabled on entering said parcel
- A fix for pixel width and height of the preview is not matched to value of Width or Height text-box in the “Snapshot to inventory” tab
- A fix for prim size reverting to default size when scaled down and shift copied
- A fix for an avatar’s sitting position becomes corrupted if
ALT-SHIFT-S keyboard short cut is used while editing appearance
- Feature request:
CTRL-ALT-SHIFT-T shows up as notice toasts.
For the full list of updates in this viewer, please refer to the download and release notes page.
LL recruiting Specifically for SL
While it is all over Twitter, it’s probably worth pointing out that as well as hiring for their new platform, the Lab is also still hiring people specifically to work on Second Life.