On Thursday October 8th, the UKanDo viewer updated to version 188.8.131.52056 for both Windows and Linux.
The new version leap-frogs over a 3.7.16 release (the September release being 3.7.15), and instead combines the Lab’s 3.7.16 and 3.7.17 code base updates into a single release.
UKanDo version 184.108.40.206056 incorporates the Lab’s updated log-in splash screen, which sees one of two different screen displayed, depending upon whether the user is logging-in to SL for the first time (or has performed a completely clean install), or is returning to SL having previously logged-in (the screen shown below).
As well as the log-in screen update, the release also includes the last set of maintenance updates from the Lab to become the release viewer, and which comprised fixes and updates for: inventory & outfit management; appearance editing; group & group ban management; multi-grid support for favourites; camera controls; notifications management and stability improvements, as well as various UI bug and viewer crash fixes.
There are also a number of updates requested by UKanDo users included in the release:
- An option in the Status Bar menu to show / hide your L$ account balance (shown by default) – useful for those taking snapshots or screen captures which include the UI, as they can hide their account balance if they wish. when unchecked, the account balance display slides out of sight
- An option to show the UI in Mouselook has been added to Preferences (Preferences > General > Camera). This is disabled by default, requiring the use of the
ALTkey to move the cursor
- The “Save to Disk” button in the Snapshot floater has been re-labelled “Save to Computer”.
Further updates in this release comprise:
- FModEx updated to 4.44.41
- lqtwebkit updated to 4.8.1 (contributed by Drakeo), which should fix Flash video not working for GNU/Linux users
- FS pose stand updated with additional validation checks (via Ansariel Hiller).