The Raglan Shire Artwalk is one of the staples of the SL art calendar. With 2014 marking the Walk’s ninth year, it will take place between Sunday May 4th and Sunday May 25, 2014 (inclusive).
Every year over 100 artists and residents in Second Life display 2D and 3D art across a number of exhibition spaces across all the regions of the Raglan Shire cluster. 2D art is displayed on hedgerows in and around the regions, offering visitors the chance to view pieces as they explore the Shire, while sculptures and 3D art is displayed in a number of designated areas across the regions.
Those wishing to exhibit their work at the 2014 Artwalk are invited to complete the Artist Registration Form, which should be submitted for inclusion no later than 21:00 SLT on Sunday April 27th.
There is a full set of guidelines and requirements for participation in the event, but in brief:
- The event is a non-juried show
- Artists can display more than one piece if they wish
- 2D (“flat” art pieces will be awarded a maximum of 15 prims, and individual pictures should be 1 prim, including the frame (a kit for 1-prim framing can be obtained at the Raglan Shire Welcome Centre)
- 3D art (sculptures, etc.), will be awarded a maximum of 500 prims for up to three pieces of work. Artists are requested to state the number of prims per piece in their application
- Sales of works are allowed
- All the above art forms are welcome, but should be rated PG / G – so no nudity, please!
- Group membership will be required in order to display work
- Questions and enquiries should be forwarded via note card to Artwalk Director Karmagirl Avro, or Artwalk Assistants Dagmar Klaar & Liandras Jameson.
- Sunday April 27th: Applications close at 21:00 SLT
- Thursday, May 1st: Notification of exhibit space location issued to artists
- Friday, May 2nd / Saturday May 3rd: Artist set-up days
- Sunday, May 4th: ARTWALK OPENS
- Sunday, May 25th: Artwalk closes
- Sunday, May 25th (after 18:00 SLT) / Monday, May 26th: Takedown of works.