Version 2.5.5 brings with a number of updates and improvements including:
- Sliding gesture toggles between contact list and chat
- Share inventory
- Partner information in user profiles
- Option to view chat logs within the application.
Slide Gesture for Chat / IMs and Contacts
To move between a conversation window and your Contacts list:
- Start a conversation in chat or use Contacts to IM a friend
- Place you finger on the screen and drag to the right. Your Contacts list will slide into view
- Drag your finger to the left to return to the conversation
- The image on the right, courtesy of Alina Lyvette, shows the function in use (the size of the image is unfortunately dictated by a limitation within WordPress.com when handling animated GIF files. Apologies if it is a little “in your face”.)
You can move between multiple IM windows by “sliding” back to Contacts and then tapping the name of the person you which to talk with and then “sliding” back and tapping the name of someone else.
Version 2.5.5 allows you to share /give inventory items with / to others (subject to permissions, as usual).
To share and item:
- Open you inventory and navigate to the folder containing the item you wish to share / give
- Long touch the item for the context menu
- Tap the Share With… button – this will open your Contacts screen
- Tap the name of the person you with whom you wish to share the item
- A pop-up dialogue will be displayed asking you to confirm that to wish to proceed. Tap Yes to do so.
Note that Lumiya doesn’t display the warning notification if you are sharing a Transfer / No Copy item, nor does it display the “User is offline….” message when the recipient is offline. However, a message confirming the object has been transferred is displayed in local chat.
The ability for Lumiya to display partner information has been added to the Profile display.
Viewing Chat Logs within Lumiya
Lumiya 2.5.5 allows you to access chat logs (history) within the application. This does require that Log Messages is enabled in Settings. Also note that due to a file name format change, chat logs saved in previous versions of Lumiya may not display.
- Tap the Menu key on your device from Lumiya’s main screen and then tap Settings
- Scroll down the Settings page to the Chat section and make sure Log Messages is checked
- Initiate a conversation with someone
- To see the chat history, tap the Menu screen from within the Chat / IM window and select View Chat History – note that if there is no recorded history log, this option will not be displayed in the menu
- If a chat log file exists, it will be displayed.
Other updates in this release comprise:
- Support for llLoadURL() – so you can now open a web page in a browser installed on your device, if a dialogue box is displayed asking if you wish to do so
- Improved notifications
- Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Another very tidy update from Alina which adds some useful functions to Lumiya, with the ability to share / give items of inventory liable to be welcome among users. Kudos!