Ahead of the upcoming Firestorm release – which will be available Real SoonTM, (sorry, I can’t say when as Jessica would douse me in catnip and set the moggies on me 🙂 ), Jessica has been busy on a new set of video tutorials for users.
Some of the videos are specific to the upcoming release, and one is for those still using Phoenix and who wish to make the switch to Firestorm. This is something which has been covered before in Firestorm tutorials (and something I’ve attempted to cover myself in the past), but as things have moved on somewhat since those days, the new video has been produced.
The Firestorm 4.4.0 video cover features which are both new to the upcoming release, and which are updated in the upcoming release in comparison with earlier releases of the viewer – such as with object de-rendering, as per the video below.
The current list of updated videos comprises:
- Settings backup and restore (new to the upcoming release)
- Custom Quick Preferences (new to the upcoming release)
- Built in pose stand (new to the upcoming release)
- Custom Prim Parameters (imported from Phoenix and new to the upcoming release)
- Derender and blacklist (updated with new blacklist capability for upcoming release)
- Migrating From Phoenix to Firestorm
All of these are available on the Phoenix Firestorm You Tube channel, and Jessica informs me that more will be added as and when time permits.