One Billion Rising in both RL and SL will be taking place on February 14th. Work is well underway for a in-world events, including a number of regions dedicated to the day.
To further mark the event, the organisers of One Billion Rising in Second Life are hosting a special photo contest and this weekend will also launch the official One Billion Rising In SL dance video.
The photo competition, which opened on February 3rd, will see the five winners entries displayed on the official One Billion Rising blog, and will be featured through the day itself. The rules are requirements are straightforward:
- Entrants must wear the official OBR T-Shirt (available free from the One Billion Rising Information location at Prim Perfect Headquarters
- Photos should be submitted to the One Billion Rising in Second Life Flickr group
- Photos must be submitted by midnight (SLT) on February 13, 2013
- Photos must be PG (nude or distasteful photo(s) will be disqualified)
- There should be no additional text on the photo, although post-processing with editing software is permitted
- Only two entries allowed per person
- One Billion Rising in Second Life reserves full rights to all photos submitted.
OBR In SL: The Video
Break the Chain is the official anthem of One Billion Rising, and is featured in a specially commissioned video. To mark the event in Second Life, a group of volunteers have been busy working at locations across the grid to present an in-world interpretation of the OBR dance, using the anthem itself, with special choreography by Pyper Dollinger and Tatiana Kurri.
The video is due to be premiered this weekend through the One Billion Rising In SL blog. In the meantime, here’s the original video.
- Blog for One Billion Rising SL
- One Billion Rising in-world group
- Facebook Page for One Billion Rising SL
- One Billion Rising in SL on Twitter
- One Billion Rising in SL Flickr group
- Event webpage at the official One Billion Rising website
About One Billion Rising
One in three women on the planet is raped or beaten in her lifetime. That is ONE BILLION WOMEN violated. One billion daughters, mothers, grandmothers, sisters, lovers and friends. On February 14, 2013, V-Day’s 15th Anniversary, we are inviting ONE BILLION women and those who love them to WALK OUT, DANCE, RISE UP, and DEMAND an end to this violence. ONE BILLION RISING will move the earth, activating women and men to dance across every country.
For more information go to http://www.onebillionrising.org/
V-Day is a global activist movement to end violence against women and girls that raises funds and awareness through benefit productions of Playwright/Founder Eve Ensler’s award winning play The Vagina Monologues and other artistic works. In 2012, over 5,800 V-Day benefit events took place produced by volunteer activists in the U.S. and around the world, educating millions of people about the reality of violence against women and girls. To date, the V-Day movement has raised over $90 million and educated millions about the issue of violence against women and the efforts to end it, crafted international educational, media and PSA campaigns, reopened shelters, and funded over 14,000 community-based anti-violence programs and safe houses in Democratic Republic of Congo, Haiti, Kenya, South Dakota, Egypt and Iraq. Over 300 million people have seen a V-Day benefit event in their community.
For more information go to http://www.vday.org/