On Monday 17th December, Linden Lab launched “Creatorverse Lite” for iOS. I commented at the time that we’d likely see the same occur with the Android and Kindle flavours – not that it took any particular insight to work that one out. Really it was a case of “when” rather than “if”.
Well, apparently, it was December 19th, although I swear it must’ve been late-on in the day when the announcement came, as I checked the Lab’s PR page, late yesterday afternoon (UK time) and there was bugger all about it then. Ho hum.
Anyway, “Creatorverse Lite” is indeed now available as a free download on Google Play, As with the “lite” version for iOS:
This free version of Linden Lab’s shared creativity app allows users to explore and play with the entire Creatorverse galaxy – every creation made and shared by users of the full Creatorverse app on any platform. To remix others’ creations or create and share their own, users will continue to need the full, paid version of Creatorverse.
Both the iOS and Android versions of the “Lite” product include an on-screen button enabling people to download the “full” version on payment (currently $4.99 / £3.14 / 3.86 Euros).
- Creatorverse for iOS (iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch)
- Creatorverse Lite for iOS
- Creatorverse for Android (2.3.3+)
- Creatorverse Lite for Android
- Creatorverse for Kindel tablets
- Creatorverse website
- Rod Humble would like you to meet Second Life 2.0 – Giant Bomb, October 11th
- My look at Creatorverse on a Galaxy S2
- My report on the launch of Creatorverse Lite on iOS