Snapshot Tiling Fix
The snapshot tiling fix (MAINT-628) can now be found in the following viewers:
- Dolphin viewer 188.8.131.52773+ (current release now 184.108.40.206856)
- Niran’s Viewer 2.0.5+
- Restrained Love 220.127.116.11+ (Windows)
- SL release viewer 18.104.22.1688262+ (released: 18th December).
Graphics Preferences Updates for GPU Classes
The SL viewer, Dolphin and RLV all include the new Graphics Preferences settings related to the ongoing GPU table updates. These new options place additional “stops” on the Quality and Speed slider between the four original settings of Low, Mid, High and Ultra, which are intended to better represent the default SL capabilities of different GPU classes,
SSAO Fix for Horizon Haze
Also included in the recent Dolphin and Niran’s Viewer releases, is Tofu Buzzard’s SSAO improvements for generating horizon haze over Linden Sea (“ambient distance fog”). This helps overcome a long-standing bug within the viewer which has effectively broken / nerfed horizon haze over Linden Water for a considerable time.
Niran’s viewer also introduces an interesting / experimental viewer-side feature from Tofu Blizzard called “space reflections”, designed to create reflections on shiny surfaces when running in deferred mode and with the appropriate Graphics Preferences option enabled. It’s not perfect, but it can be used to produce some interesting effects, as shown below, if only for those running a viewer which can render the desired results.
- Dolphin Viewer blog
- Dolphin Viewer 22.214.171.124773 release notes
- Dolphin Viewer download page
- Niran’s Viewer blog
- Niran’s Viewer 2.0.5 release notes
- Niran’s Viewer download page
- Restrained Love Viewer 126.96.36.199 release notes
- Restrained Love Viewer (Windows)
- SL viewer download page and 188.8.131.52262 release notes