The following is summary of changes to SL viewers / clients (official and TPV) which have taken place in the past week. It is based on my Viewer Round-up Page, which provides a list of all Second Life viewers and clients that are in popular use (and of which I am aware) and which are recognised as being in adherence with the TPV Policy.
This summary is published every Monday, and by its nature will always be in arrears. Therefore, for the most up-to-date information on viewers and clients, please see my Viewer Round-up Page, which is updated as soon as I’m aware of any changes, and which includes comprehensive links to download pages, blog notes, release notes, etc., for Viewers and clients as well as links to any / all reviews of specific viewers / clients made within this blog.
Updates for the week ending: 19 August, 2012
- SL Viewer updates:
- Development: rolled to 126.96.36.1993582 on Aug 16
- Dolphin rolled to 188.8.131.5256 on August 17 – core updates: hotkey to open / close Outfits floater; added Preferences option (Prefs->Dolphin Viewer 3->Build) to save scipts as LSL or Mono when editing directly from Inventory; added “auto media play” button (“A”) to media controls at the top right of the viewer window; Client (avatar) Phantom option hidden (no longer functional under pathfinding) – release notes. Dolphin also announced cessation of OpenSim support in preparation for Havok sub-licence compliance
- Exodus release version 12.08.14.1 on August 16, (release notes) – primarily a hot fix release for the 12.08.09.1 release, incorporating Visual C++ 2010 runtime to avoid installation errors ability to rez objects under land group; updates to visual presets and raid advisor lists formats to conform with LLSD
- Niran’s Viewer rolled to 1.49 on August 14 – core changes: further updates to the Preferences overlay; Graphics tab in default Preferences updated; bug fixes (release notes)
- Restrained Love Viewer released version 184.108.40.206 on August 17 – core updates: pathfinding tools (excluding Navmesh visualisation*), improved Mouselook aiming controls; JPEG library handling improvements to reduce crash rates (release notes)
- Zen viewer rolled to version 220.127.116.11 on August 17, after rapidly cycling through updates on the 13th and 14th August. Core updates – pathfinding tools (excluding Navmesh visualisation*); removal of mesh deformer; Keyword Alerts added to Preferences->Chat; Remove Scripts option added to menus; updated shaders; numerous bug fixes (release notes)
- Cool Viewer: Stable branch rolled to 18.104.22.168 and Experimental to 22.214.171.124, both on August 18 – core updates in both: initial pathfinding support (excluding Navmesh visualisation*); various SLV 3.3. code back ports (release notes for both)
- LittleSight released version 1.1.0 – fix fix release for failed log-ins and other issues
(*requires Havok sub-licence.)