The following is summary of changes to SL viewers / clients (official and TPV) which have taken place in the past week. It is based on my Viewer Round-up Page, which provides a list of all Second Life viewers and clients that are in popular use (and of which I am aware) and which are recognised as being in adherence with the TPV Policy.
This summary is published every Monday, and by its nature will always be in arrears. Therefore, for the most up-to-date information on viewers and clients, please see my Viewer Round-up Page, which is updated as soon as I’m aware of any changes, and which includes comprehensive links to download pages, blog notes, release notes, etc., for Viewers and clients as well as links to any / all reviews of specific viewers / clients made within this blog.
Updates for the week ending: 5 August, 2012
- SL Viewer updates:
- Dolphin rolled to 126.96.36.19939 on August 2nd – core updates: the reset, start, stop, remove, recompile script operations now request confirmation & can be accessed from the context menu of an in-world object; temporary upload is available when doing snapshots to inventory (release notes)
- Niran’s Viewer rolled to 1.47 on Jul 30 – core changes: updates to experimental Preferences overlay; FPS counter will be displayed as text by default; assorted fixes (release notes)
- Cool Viewer:
- Stable branch rolled to 188.8.131.52 on Aug 4th, and is referred to as a “catchup release with the v1.26.5 branch”
- Experimental version (SL3.3 renderer) rolled to release 184.108.40.206 on Aug 4
- Release notes for both
- Group Tools rolled to installer release 2.2.8 on July 28th.