The following is summary of changes to SL viewers / clients (official and TPV) which have taken place in the past week. It is based on my Viewer Round-up Page, which provides a list of all Second Life viewers and clients that are in popular use (and of which I am aware) and which are recognised as being in adherence with the TPV Policy.
This summary is published every Monday, and by its nature will always be in arrears. Therefore, for the most up-to-date information on viewers and clients, please see my Viewer Round-up Page, which is updated as soon as I’m aware of any changes, and which includes comprehensive links to download pages, blog notes, release notes, etc., for Viewers and clients as well as links to any / all reviews of specific viewers / clients made within this blog.
A relatively quiet week. I’ve attempted to add summaries of what might be regarded as “core” changes / fixes to Viewers (where possible); these aren’t in any way supposed to be exhaustive – that’s what release notes and change logs are for! Hopefully, they’ll give a flavour for what has changed within a release.
I’m curious to know how many find these summaries and the main Round-up Page useful, and whether the additional information on release changes as seen here would be more appreciated if seen in the main Round-up Page.
Updates for the week ending: 1 July, 2012
- SL Viewer updates:
- Release version: 188.8.131.520300, June 25th (release notes)
- Development: rolled to 184.108.40.2060726, June 27th
- Pathfinding updated to 220.127.116.110597, June 26th
- Dolphin rolled to 18.104.22.16894 on June 30th – core changes: columns in the Area Search floater now resizeable; fixes for sound issues, STORM-1890, memory leaks, overlapping Ignore and Block buttons when a script dialogue contains less than 3 buttons (release notes)
- Niran’s Viewer rolled to version 1.43 on June 25th – core updates: set time after which topbar will hide; new world display; zoom-in on avatars within draw range; assorted tweaks and fixes to the UI; rendering updates; re-inclusion of webkit (release notes)
- Cool VL Viewer rolled to 22.214.171.124 on June 23rd – core changes: Separate settings for “private look at” and “private point at” (Preferences->Cool features->Miscellaneous); re-enabled the Edit pie menu entry for objects selected on no-build parcels; assorted fixes and internal updates (change log)
- Group Tools rolled to installer version 1.1.89 on June 28.