This is a weekly summary of changes to all SL Viewers / clients of which I’m aware and which are in popular use across the grid / listed in the TPVD. Detailed links to said Viewers / clients can be found in my Viewer Round-up Page. The links supplied in this summary are either to change logs or to reviews within this blog.
Updates for week ending: 8 April, 2012
Slightly late this week, due to Easter.
There were several changes last week, some of which fell just after publishing the Week 13 round-up. Changes are always reflected in the Round-up page as soon as I learn about them, so always best to follow the links to that page for the most up-to-date news.
- The SL Beta and Development Viewers rolled out updated versions shortly after the last update, moving to 22.214.171.124229 and 126.96.36.199822 respectively
- The Pathfinding Beta Viewer moved to release 188.8.131.52475
- Dolphin saw a further release, 184.108.40.20622, which primarily comprised updates to the Build floater, with clean-up to Preferences and improvements to ID3 info on Linux
- The Kokua team released an experimental version of their Viewer for the Mac
- Niran’s Viewer saw a Preview release of version 1.33
- Zen Viewer rolled to version 220.127.116.11, the release technical being this week, but as this summary is running late, it’s listed here as well
- Cool VL Viewer rolled out 18.104.22.168 (.7b in the case of Linux due to repackaging). This release saw the port of the Merchant Outbox support
- I received word via Twitter that the Astra Viewer is likely to be making a return to SL; as and when this happens, it will be added to this list.