The 2019 Team Diabetes of Second Life Winter Showcase event is currently open through until Saturday, December 14th. As with previous years, the event includes live performers, DJs, concerts, tribute acts, hunts, ice skating, and, of course the Winter Showcase and the Kultivate Winter Art show. All of which is to raise money for the American Diabetes Association (ADA), through Team Diabetes of Second Life, ADA’s official and authorised in-world fund-raising team.
As is traditional for the event, it occupies one half of the Kultivate Magazine home region, with the Showcase shops for merchants and artists boutique style galleries built around the central events and activities area.
The merchants participating in the event comprise: Kiliki Bikini, !!Firelight!!, chiffon,Christmas Delights, Couture Chapeau, Epicine, GalleryOne, HJM Designs, ikr, Jyst imagine by Vita Theas, Kalani’s Designs, Kitty Creations, Kittycat’s Creations, LC Fashion, Lissa’s Licks, Lunar Seasonal Designs, Mahlberg Tailors, Mara’s Mysteries,MMP – Muircastle Motors & Parts, Park Place Home, Potomac Signature Homes, Sassy Brats, Shylas Creation, Simply Shelby, trawberry Gashes, SynCo, Team Diabetes Shop, TORN, TYLAR’S TREASURES, and Xplicit Designs.
Merchants are each offering at least one item among their displays with 100% of proceeds from sales going directly to Team Diabetes of Second Life.
The full shopping guide can be found on the Team Diabetes of Second Life website.
The artists participating in the art show are: Anders Franizzi, DreamMakerXDreamBreaker Resident, ettalaineteichmano Resident, Eucalyptus Carroll, Hadiya Draper, ilyra chardin, IsarValdetaro Resident, Isis Desmoulins, Jamee Sandalwood, johannes1977 Resident, Judilynn India, lena kopiak, Moora McMillan, MTH63 Resident, Myra Wildmist, paineful, Sheba Blitz, Teresa Firelight, Veruca Tammas, & wintergeist.
All artists are also offering at least one item of art for sale with 100% of preoceeds going to Team Diabetes of Second Life.
In addition to the shopping and art, the event features two hunts with prizes to be claimed:
- 2019 Reindeer Hunt Information: this is an open hunt with tiny reindeer scattered throughout the 2019 Winter Showcase, in stores and in art displays. Find each reindeer and pay L$10 to receive a prize. 100% proceeds of the hunt goes to Team Diabetes of Second Life.
- Santa Quest: purchase a HUD for L$250 from the kiosk near the landing point and help put Santa together again! Find the pieces, put things together and claim 16 prizes.
There is also daily entertainment through the event, with the remain days comprising:
- Tuesday, December 10, 2019, 16:00-17:00: the Ugly Sweater Party with DJ John & L$1000 Gift Card Giveaway.
- Wednesday, December 11, 2019, 16:00-17:00: DJ Vee & Ice Skating Party with L$1000 Gift Card Giveaway.
- Thursday, December 12, 2019:
- 18:00-19:00: Live Performer Thunder Lovenkraft.
- 23:59: Winter Showcase Photo Challenge entries are due.
- Friday, December 13, 2019, 16:00-17:00: Live Performer TBD.
- Saturday, December 14, 2019:
- 16:00-17:00: Live Performer TBD and Winter Showcase Photo Challenge winners announced.
- 23:59: Winter Showcase, Reindeer Hunt, & Santa Quest Ends.
See the Team Diabetes 2019 Winter Showcase pages for more information on the event.
About the American Diabetes Association
Established in 1940, the American Diabetes Association is working to both prevent and cure diabetes in all it forms, and to help improve the lives of all those affected by diabetes. It does this by providing objective and credible information and resources about diabetes to communities, and funding research into ways and means of both managing and curing the illness. In addition, the Association gives voice to those denied their rights as a consequence of being affected by diabetes.
About Team Diabetes of Second life
Team Diabetes of Second Life is an official and authorised fund-raiser for the American Diabetes Association in Second Life. Established with the aim of raising funds in support of diabetes treatment and to raise awareness of the disease in SL, Team Diabetes of Second Life was founded by Jessi2009 Warrhol and John Brianna (Johannes1977 Resident), who serve on the Advisory Board along with Eleseren Brianna, Veruca Tammas, Rob Fenwitch, and Dawnbeam Dreamscape.